Role: Game Designer
Development Time: 10 Weeks (part time)
The Tower is a room-scale virtual reality experience created as part of the Tranzfuser funding initiative.
This project is currently underway but, as one of two designers, my role thus far has included:
- Researching and learning about the quirks, opportunities, and limitations of developing within virtual reality, and then attempting to design mechanics and systems which work alongside those challenges.
- Testing the product with a critical eye and helping to brainstorm solutions to emerging problems.
- Designing spaces and interactions which work within a virtual reality environment.
- Whiteboxing level spaces within Maya/Unity.
- Creating floorplans for level layouts (including sizings for the different objects).
- Creating systems which create and maintain presence (sound, haptics, etc.).